Sunday, February 28, 2010

My boys love donuts and are always asking me to buy them at the store. I usually cave and buy them one, so when I came across a recipe for home made cake donuts I thought I should give it a try. I went to a couple of stores and couldn't find any donut pans. I eventually ended up at the restaurant supply store and they had them both regular size and mini, but I didn't like the price, $16.50 and $14.50. Right next to the supply store is a thrift store so I decide to check over there and see what they had and wouldn't you know they had 2 mini donut pans for $1.50 each! So on Friday we tried out 2 different recipes for cake donuts. We didn't really like the first one. It had nutmeg and cinnamon in it and a lot of sugar. The second recipe was more like what you would get at the store and we all loved it. Between the boys, Tim, and my step dad they ate all 24 of them right out of the oven! So I am excited to have a recipe that I can make that is low in sugar (actual it uses dark brown sugar), isn't fried, has no preservatives and the boys love!!

Saturday morning I had a planning meeting for our district LWML convention. We
(Debbie and I) spent 4 hours with a wonderful group of ladies getting all the details in order. It is really coming along and I am excited!!

We had a really nice day today. Church, lunch with Scott and Debbie, swimming with the boys at the community center in Mandan, and a couple of hours outside scraping ice from the driveway and loaded baked potatoes for dinner (Layne always has the best ideas for dinner!).

I have a busy week this week with school work, 2 test, 1 final exam (I have one online class that is only 8 weeks, so it will be done this week) and 2 big projects to work on.

No comments: