Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fire, Carnival, and Zoo

We had the first fire of the year on Friday night. It was such a beautiful night. My friend Maria and her daughter Serenity came over, and our neighbors from across the street came over too. The kids wanted to make s'mores and roast marshmallows and Maria and I couldn't resist a s'more either! It was a fun night.

On Saturday afternoon I took Layne to a carnival that was put on my several local churches. I didn't tell Layne what we were doing I just told him to get his shoes on and get in the car. They had midway games that gave you tickets for prizes and inflatable toys. Layne had a lot of fun and couldn't believe it was all free. After the carnival we went home and got the twins and Tim and went to the zoo. All Logan wanted to see was the alligator, but it was to cold and wasn't out yet. The river otters were out and were really fun to watch, they tigers too.

This afternoon Tim and I made some corn muffins and english muffin bread. The bread didn't quite turn out though. We didn't read the directions all the way through before we started and put 5 cups of flour in right away instead of 3 cups and then more as needed. So I will have to try it again.

No comments: