Sunday, October 18, 2009

Katie, CJ, JD and Abbie came up this weekend. Katie took Layne and JD to the movie "Where the Wild Things Are" on Saturday afternoon while I was in Lisbon. Layne got a little scared, but overall he liked it. This afternoon we went to the pumpkin patch. It was really nice out today so Tim and CJ stayed home to clean out the gutters and mow the front yard. We had only planned to stay at the pumpkin patch for about and hour, but Brenden had a different idea. He got lost for about 45 minutes. I was sitting off to the side with Abbie while mom and Katie were up on the bale mazes with the kids. I hadn't seen Brenden in a while so I asked mom where he was. She didn't know. Mind you it is beautiful out and everyone and their brother is at the pumpkin patch. So we start looking around and I started to panic when he wasn't on the bales and wasn't inside the maze. So we start look around on some of the other stacks of bales and he isn't there either. By now 20 minutes had gone by, so I decide to go and find someone who works there to help. They ask me what he is wear and what he looks like and I try to tell them, but i can't because I am crying. Once I finally get it out they announce it over the loud speaker. Then I thought I should probably tell her that he is a twin and that Logan is wear the exact same thing. So we keep looking at this point I had run into a few people I knew and they were looking too. I had made a loop around where we were and I decide to go back and check with the ladies working there. I had just turned a corner and I see a beautiful little boy just standing there and a lady that had stop to look at him. She tried to grab his and and take him to the office, but he said no and ran away, and I scooped him up. He wasn't even phased! I asked him where he had been and he said "playing". He had walked all the way across the pumpkin patch to go play in the pumpkin house. We left the pumpkin patch right after we found him and I was telling my sister that I would have bet money that if Brenden were to get lost that he would sit down and cry and if Logan got lost he wouldn't care. I guess I was wrong about Brenden and I don't EVER want to find about about Logan!!

No comments: