Sunday, August 22, 2010

We had a really great weekend. I started out Friday by tackling a project that I have been meaning to do for some time, painting our front stairs. Tim help me get the concrete sanded down and then I primed. I did not get to finish painting because it got too hot, but I should be able to finish this week. It already looks better!

Layne was bored while I was painting so I suggested that he set up a lemonade stand. He had been bugging me to do one all summer, but there has never been a good time. He had his stand set up for 2 hours and made $28! He set one up again on Saturday and made $10 more dollars. Now the money is burning a hole in his pocket!

Saturday afternoon we decided to tackle the kids toy room downstairs. The toys had over taken the room. We fill 4 big black garbage bags with toys that were missing pieces or broken. We then decided to down size the toy box to a smaller wooden one. We also got a futon to replace the chair that was down there. The chair was rubbing against the wall and cut almost all the way through the sheetrock, and besides that, the three boys couldn't really all fit into the one chair anymore! Earlier last week we clean out the boys closet and put in some hanging organizers that holds one weeks worth of clothes, we found them on clearance at Lowes. We thought since they were such a good deal that we should get some to put in the entryway too. So now they boys each have a "cubby" to put their shoes, coats, bike helmets, and stuff in. In the one week that they have been install the boys have manage to keep the entryway clean, they think it is fun to have a place to put their stuff, I hope it lasts!

I start school on Tuesday, it is so hard to believe the summer is already over. Time is flying by. It dawned on Tim and I the other day that we have been in this house for 4 years already! Next month I will enter the last year in my 20's, the twins will turn 4 in November, and my "baby" is going to be a third grader in 5 days. I'm not sure if all this is good or bad!

1 comment:

Dakotapam said...

The lemonade stand was fun! Way to go on the organizing. I am so tempted to put clothes in gallon ziplocks for the two younger boys for the week...