Friday, October 29, 2010

As you can tell by the date of my last post things have been busy around here. Last weekend Layne joined a bowling league. One of the neighborhood boys talked us into it and I thought it was a good idea. I was on a bowling league when I was a kid and have fond memories of it. Layne even gets a bowling ball for joining, he picked out one this is black and looks like it has red, yellow, and orange flames. Cool!

I had parent teacher conferences for Brenden and Logan on Monday. Logan's teacher was just amazed by him. She said that she has been teaching for 20 year and has never had a child score so many 3's (3 is equivalent to an A). He excels in math and science and she said he talks about nature and the farm all the time. They don't usually do a unit on farms, but she is going to add one this year just for him! Brenden did great too. His teacher said that he does have to be prompted to finish tasks and that he sometimes says things are to hard for him. I find that extremely funny because at home he wants to do everything "by myself!".

Tim and I made salty bones last night for Layne to take to school for his Halloween party (bread sticks shaped like a bone with course sea salt on top). He is going to be a safari guide, Brenden is going to be a monkey, and Logan is going to be a cowboy. They should make a cute little trio when they go trick-or-treating!

I start my pre-professional experience (job shadowing) on Monday. I will be at Horizon Middle School all day on Monday and Tuesday with a business education teacher. i am really looking forward to it. I then get to go to Bismarck High two Monday's, the 15 and 22, to shadow a business education teacher there. I am very excited!

November is going to be a crazy month. I have my job shadowing, the farm for girls weekend, LWML Board meeting and in the same weekend my mom's family reunion, the twins birthday party, and out of town for thanksgiving. Crazy!

No comments: