Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I love Portland! I had the best trip and I really fell in love with the city! On Thursday afternoon when I arrived Bob and Judy Luebke picked me up from my hotel and we went to the rose gardens with their son and daughter-in-law and Pastor and Michelle. The gardens were beautiful, but it was a little over cast so the view wasn't as great as they say it is. After a whirlwind afternoon they took me to the convention center for my delegate meeting and opening worship service. The worship service was amazing they had drummers from Neah Bay Washington mission perform during Communion. The rest of the convention was just as wonderful. Jan Struck was there again as a humerus interrupter. I was very surprised that she remembered me from the ND convention she attended. When she saw Debbie she ask if I was there. Friday night Heidi Floyd spoke about her battle with cancer. She was so wonderful! Well everything was wonderful!!

On Monday Debbie, Michelle, and I took a wine tour. We went to a sake brewery and 2 vineyards. It was so beautiful. At the sake brewery we actually got to take a tour of the facility and see how it was make. The wine tours were great, got to taste all kinds of wine and discovered that I really hate Piont Noir. It was such a great trip and I would love to go back and see all the things I didn't have time to see.

No comments: