Thursday, March 25, 2010

We had a nice family birthday breakfast with Tim this morning and it's a good thing we did because that is all we saw of him all day.

Mom and Joe are taking all of their grandkids, my sister, and I to the circus tomorrow. Brenden didn't want to go and he wouldn't tell me why. I finally got him to tell me that he didn't want to see the clowns. Last year the clowns were very noisy, the car they rode in on backfired several times and make a bunch of other noises that Brenden didn't like. So I told him that we would bring ear plugs and he didn't have to watch them. He got all excited and said he was ready to go! So cute!!

Layne's teacher called today. His regular teacher and his reading teacher have been visiting about Layne progress in his reading and writing and they are concerned. She asked me if it would be ok to have the school counselor sit in the room and asses him. They want to have her look to see if she can figure out why he is so destructed. I was actually quite happy to hear that she wanted to do this because I have felt for a long time that some piece of the puzzle is missing. I didn't think to ask her just what they would be looking for but I guess I will find out. They will do the assessment on Tuesday.

I found out today that I can't take any summer school classes because I don't have any financial aid. Since I just used grants this semester there is no money for me to take summer classes. I am bummed because I had my class schedule all figured out for next year and I didn't feel totally stressed out by it. Now I will have to add a class to each semester if I want to stay on track.

No comments: