Monday, April 5, 2010

What a CRAZY weekend. Spent all day Friday at the hospital with my sister. At first we thought she was in labor, but after a long day and a ton of pain meds they decided it was kidney stones. They let her go, and I talked her into spending the night here and was really glad I did. The pain came back at about 3:45 in the morning, but Katie didn't wake me up until about 6:45. We took her to the hospital and they decided that they needed to deliver her. So my nephew Gabriel Ray was born at 1:41. He was 6 lbs 14 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. Katie's stone finally passed today and they let her go home. I took the boys up to see him today and they just loved him. Layne even got to hold him!

We had Tim's family over for dinner on Sunday night. Most of what we ate was a new recipe. I thought since everyone was having a traditional meal some where else we should do something fun. We had smoked turkey (Tim was so excited to try out the smoker he got for his birthday), Chantilly potatoes, and roasted asparagus. We also had cooked carrots and key lime cake. It was great! After dinner the boys went on an Easter egg hunt. They boys had a great time playing with Mandy and Ryan and were sad to see them go.

No comments: