Thursday, November 19, 2009

We had Layne's parent/teachers conference tonight. He has improved so much from last year it is amazing! His best scores were in math. On the test that is taken nation wide he scored well above average as well as on the test that is taken in the district. I have to say that at first I was slightly surprise by that, but then I got to thinking. He is always asking what is 10+8 and what is 22-6 and so on. So I guess his mind is often on math. He did really well on all the other subjects, except writing, he got a "needs improvement", which wasn't really a surprise. I also asked if he talked a lot in class and she said no not really, which also surprised me, because last year that was a problem. After a tough year last year it was great to get such a glowing report!

No comments: