Monday, November 3, 2008

So as you can tell by the date of my last entry I have been very busy so we will start with last Friday. We were planning on going to my mom's family reunion/cousins wedding on Saturday morning and coming back on Saturday night, but mom wanted to go down Friday night and since my sister was coming up from Aberdeen that would mean we would have taken 3 cars. So Tim and I changed our plans. We picked up Layne from school and head to Golva where the 3 boys got to got trick-or-treating with my cousins. It was so fun and they got homemade cookies, cupcakes, pop, and chips. It was so nice not to have to worry about checking candy because most of the people they got candy from were some relative of mine!!

On Saturday Tim got to go hunting with my uncle. He also went with a priest and a priest to be. I know it sounds like a bad joke! Anyway in about an hour they all shot their limits. My cousin Lexi who is about 14 really likes the twins, so she kept an eye on them for me while
I helped out in the kitchen. After lunch we played our annual game of bingo. We came home with lots of stuff. We tried to lay the twins down for a nap but that didn't go over very well so by the time dinner was over at my cousins reception they were ready to go home. So we left at about 8:30 and it was only a 2 hour drive home.

We had Kristi's benefit on Sunday and it went really well. We figure there were about 120 people there. The silent auction items went over very well and made about $500.

And finally today. I got a great deal on Tim's meds. They were on sale at CVS for $19.99 and I had a $4 off any purchase of $20 and a $1 off coupon, so I got Tim's meds for $15. They are usually $32 for a pack that big. I love getting a good deal!

We had Layne's parent teacher conference tonight. She said he is a very sociable kid, but he is not doing very well in school. He got "needs improvement" on just about everything. So we talked about what we can do at home and hopefully between this and his reading club we will see some improvement. She is also going to see about getting his eyes checked through the school if she can't we will take him in.

So that should catch you up.

No comments: