Monday, December 22, 2008

Layne stayed home from school today. He didn't wake up until after 8:00, he said he felt ok but his eyes didn't look good. So he spent the day eating yogurt, pudding, and Popsicles and watching cartoons.

I had a few errands to run this morning so Tim stayed home with the kids. On my way to Target I noticed that the battery light was on and the gauge for the battery was going down. So I get there and park the car and turn it off hoping that when I turn it on again everything will be fine. No such luck. So I go in and do my shopping and when I was done I go out and try to start it and it fires right up. So I head over to the bank and head for the drive up lane. I roll down my window, make my deposits, then try and roll my window up as I am pulling out in to the driveway and my car stops right there in the middle of the bank driveway. So I sit there for a minute hoping that if I wait it will start. That work a minute ago at Target. Well no luck. So I get out of the car and walk across the street to the car dealership and ask for help. I sometimes think that my husband knows everyone in town because the person I ask to help me looks out at my cars and says "your Tim's wife" and happily helps me. So I am on my way again, I abandon all other errands and head for home. I get to 9th and Ave c and have to stop for a red light, oh no I am in trouble again. The turns green and I start to go and only make it part of the way. It stopped right in the middle of the lane going west. So I sit there for a minute not sure what to do, hoping someone will help me. After a call to Tim trying to figure out what to do a wonderful lady stops to help me. She flags down others to help and a wonderful man with a truck stopped. He put bumper to bumper and pushed me to the side of the road. He gave me a jump and followed me home. Tim went and got a new battery and we thought the problem would be solved. But that would be to easy, the battery light is still on and Tim said that the alternator is not holding a charge. Now if you can remember back through all of our terrible car disasters, 2 years ago in February the boys got locked in the car on a very cold day because the alternator died. So it is not that old, but we can't find the receipt for the warranty. Merry Christmas to us!!

No comments: