Sunday, January 25, 2009

Layne has been a little sad lately. He has been down on himself and not wanting to got to school, so on Friday Debbie came over and played with the twins while I took Layne to school and went to Wal-mart. When I dropped Layne off I decide to go in and talk to Miss Bartel and see if anything was going on at school. She said she hadn't noticed anything but she would talk with him and see if he would tell her anything. After lunch she had a chance to talk to him and he told her that she was pushing him to hard, that is why he was saying he didn't like himself and didn't want to go to school. So they worked out a new plan and then he decide that his stomach hurt and he needed to go home.

On Saturday my mom took the boys and I swimming at the community center in Mandan. The boys all had a great time. The twins love going down the slide, they were even able to hold their breath and go under water. They were also able to lay on their backs and kick their feet (with the help of life jackets). Layne swam all over without a life jacket. He loves going there because most of the pool he is able to stand up in and he loves going down the big slides.

Tim spent the weekend making deer sausage with his friends. They started on Friday night grinding the pork and venison and were up until 1:00 a.m. On Saturday they started at 9:00 a.m. and finished at 3:00 a.m. on Sunday morning. There were so many people in and out of the garage all weekend. At one point there were like 12 men in the garage knee deep in venison. I took all the boys out in the evening to "hang out" with the boys, the were quite a hit. One of Tim's friends told him he was that while it is fun to be able to got out hunting anytime and go to the bars, he was jealous that Tim had a family to come home to. I think that made Tim feel pretty good and he really needed to hear that. It was really nice to see all these guys, some of them I hadn't seen since I was pregnant with Layne!

I started feeling sick on Friday (sore throat and cough) and this morning when I woke up I didn't feel well at all, so since Tim was up so late we didn't go to church. We haven't really done much today. I did manage to do a couple loads of laundry and Tim is out in the garage finishing packing the sausage. They ended up with 300 pounds to divide between Tim and Justin. Our half then gets divided in to thirds, us, Scott and Debbie, and Mandy and Ryan. It will be early to bed for all of us!!

No comments: