Monday, January 26, 2009

My Layne is just a wonderful kid. He always has a spelling test on Mondays and he was excited this morning because he really knew this weeks words and was sure he would get a 100% (I promised him a treat any time he gets 100%). So when he got home from school he really wanted me to look at his test right away. He missed one letter in one word, kised, instead of kissed. This was the one word he had trouble with all week, he always missed the second "s". He was so disappointed in himself he started to cry. I told him I was very proud of him and Miss Bartel had written a note that his handwriting and spelling were so great!! So I told him I would get him a "great effort" treat. So tomorrow when I go to get diapers I will pick something up from the dollar isle at Target.

Tomorrow night Layne and I have a date. Lost and Found and Tangled Blue, 2 christian bands, are having a concert at a local church. Layne has love Tangled Blue since he first heard them at our church 2 years ago. Tim and Layne have a date on Friday night. Layne got a free ticket to a Bobcats hockey game when the team visited his gym class.

No comments: