Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It has been a long day. Layne didn't have school again and I had MOPS so he got to go with. That all went fine, the boys all behaved and had fun. After MOPS we had to run a couple of errands. We went first to Target and Layne immediately starts asking for stuff, candy, a car, anything he saw. So the twins picked up on that and started asking for the same things, and by asking I mean whining and crying. So I hurry up and get what I need and we head to the next store get what I need and head to the car. I start to unbuckle Brenden and get him out of the stroller and he says and I quote"no self". OK he wants to get out by himself, fine. He gets out and starts to run off in the parking lot, so I scoop him up and buckle him in. The whole time he is screaming "no self" and people are staring. I get everybody home, get the twins to bed (Logan fell asleep in the car) and tell Layne it is time for homework. He missed 2 days last week so he has make up work on top of his regular home work. He starts throwing a fit, crying, throwing himself on the floor, looking like one of the twins. Now at this point I am praying for patience, understanding, anything to keep me calm. I am tried and I know that Tim is not coming home for dinner and won't be home until late. So I told Layne that he needed to go lie down on the couch and that I needed to go do something else until he was done throwing a fit. He eventually calmed down and he got almost all of it done, we will do spelling words after the twins go to bed.

The twins are really on an independent streak right now. I got Brenden's pj's out, the dinosaur ones cause there his favorite, I start to dress him and he says "no self". OK fine. Get him done and start to get Logan's pj's on, the snowmen ones cause there his favorite, and Brenden starts to cry because he wants the snowman ones too. He undresses himself and I get out the snowman ones, thankfully we have 2 pair, I start to put the pants on and he says "no self" OK fine and he takes 5 minutes to get them on no big deal, but I need to get another pair of dinosaur pj's so we don't have to go through this every night.

I think the boys are ready to start potty training. I was not going to start until April or May, so they would be 2 1/2, but Logan keeps asking to go potty. He doesn't actually go but asks a couple times a day and won't leave his diaper on. I would be happy if they got potty trained it would saved like $60 a month!

No comments: