Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Shriners Circus Has Nothing on Us

Oh boy I have so much to tell you all about the twins. First we will go back to Thursday. Kara came over in the afternoon to say goodbye. We were sitting in the living room talking and the boys were downstairs playing. I told Kara that it was pretty quite down stairs and that is never good. Before I could get up to go see Logan comes running upstairs and he has red stuff all over his face. I said to Kara that he smelt like chili powder. So we go down stairs and sure enough there is chili powder and about 15 other spices all over everything downstairs!! So Kara threw them in the tub and I vacuumed up the mess. Later that night Tim and I went to Pastor Thompson's house for bible study. The twins were still up when we came home so I told them they could come down and see daddy. I noticed some thing on Brenden's face when he was coming down. It was all shiny and at first I thought it was lotion. But I was wrong. It was Elmer's glue. They had gotten into Layne's crafts and smeared glue all over themselves. We got them all clean up and put back to bed at 10:30. So on Friday my sweet little monsters talked me into letting them watch cartoons downstairs. I was hoping to get some computer work done while they were down there, but after about 5 minuets I hear them giggling. I thought oh that is so nice the are getting along and play so well and I decided to sneak up on them to see what they were playing with. Butter!! Butter smeared everywhere and into everything!! So once again they go into the tub and I clean up the mess. Can we say melt snow, melt. We NEED spring.

Scott and Debbie took the boys and I to the circus on Saturday morning. I was worried that the boys would get restless and want to leave, but they didn't . Brenden sat in Scott's lap with a box of popcorn and didn't move for at least 30 minuets. They really loved the tigers, elephants, and bears. We tried to get the twins to ride a pony but they wanted no part of that.

After dinner tonight Tim, Layne, and I sat down to do his homework. He did it all really well and got all but one of his spelling words right. He was in such a good mood so I thought I would give him a haircut. The first half went fine and then all of a sudden he had a melt down and wouldn't let me finish. He wanted to call grandma Debbie so we did that and she calmed him down a bit and I cut some more and then he starts screaming "she's torturing me, she's torturing me" I was trying so hard not to laugh because I just wanted to finish cutting his hair. He wouldn't let me finish, he said he just wanted to go to bed. So he went to bed with an unfinished haircut. Never a dull moment here!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! You really do need spring to come! The boys are going to drive you crazy ;)
Hope this week is a little bit more uneventful for you.
Kristi

Dakotapam said...

Double the trouble eh? At least you have some great stories to tell!