Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Layne had his first homework assignment last tonight. It started out with lots of tears and "I can't do it" and ended with hugs and smiles. He had a spelling list of 8 words that we will have to work on each night and also a reading activity to do. Normally I would have Layne do his homework right after school but my friend Maria and her daughter Serenity invited us over to there house after school. By the time we got home is was 5:00, so we ate and Tim gave the boys' bathes while I helped Layne with his homework. Last night just proved to me that he HAS to do his home work in the afternoon, he gets to tried at night. But after a few right answers and some encouragement it only took us 1/2 an hour and I suspect that it will take us less time tonight.

I got to have some grown up time last night. Debbie took me out shopping to pick out some clothes for my b-day. We went to Old Navy and I got some great everyday shirts and some capri sweat pants. Then we went to the Dress Barn. I have never been there before and found some things I just love. I got a black one button cardigan sweater and a light cotton shirt with pink flowers to wear underneath it, and a fabulous brown and cream variegated three button sweater. I can wait for it to cool off so I can wear them!

I found out this morning that I have been getting Layne in trouble at school. He can only take fruit and veggies to school for snacks. I don't quite understand this. There are a lot of healthy snacks that are not fruit and veggies that they could take. It is very hard to always have them on hand and the stuff that comes in the little cups is filled with sugar. I am not happy.

No comments: